Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oktoberfest




Everyone says you have to go to Oktoberfest, so I went. My two friends, Jessica and Jennifer, and I looked at our calendar and decided the only day we had to travel to Munich was Thursday night before we went to Salzburg. After school we left around 4:40 for the hour train ride. We followed those dressed in dirndls and lederhosen for a fifteen minute walk to Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest is basically Dult fest, which was held in Regensubrg, times about 5! The place was huge. Luckily, we went on a week night or else the crowds would have been unbearable. We each got a giant pretzel and some form of dessert. I chose a white-chocolate covered apple. Jennifer and Jessica rode a very fast, spinning ride and I held all the stuff. I know my limitations on fun and I drew the line there. We walked around until about 9, then got on a train to come home. Even the train was packed leaving Munich. It was standing room only! And most of the Germans were living up to their stereotype of smelling not so great. However, at least I can say, I experienced Oktoberfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment