Sunday, November 14, 2010

Neuschwanstein Castle





Well, I officially have less than one month until it is time to fly home! While entering the last month of the program, I planned on visiting Neuschwanstein Castle with two friends, Kelsey and Liz. On Friday we had a group tour of the BMW Factory here in Regensburg. I'm not much into cars, but I really enjoyed watching the nice cars be assembled. My favorite fact of the day was what BMW stood for: Bavarian Motor World. I actually live in Bavaria in Germany so this was an interesting discovery for me.
Saturday morning Kelsey, Liz, and I took an 8:44 train to Fussen, Germany, where the Disney Princess Castle, Neuschwanstein is located. Once we arrived at the top of the hill where Ludwig II built his dream castle, we walked on Marienbrucke (a bridge) to view the castle from a distance. The castle was absolutely beautiful and worth the four hour train ride. After standing on the bridge that went over a small waterfall, we walked to the castle for a guided tour. Only half of the castle was ever finished before Ludwig's mysterious death. We walked around the unfinished part of the castle and gift shop before walking back down the path. My favorite part of the trip was seeing the castle during the day, at sunset, and all lit up at night. The sunset over the Alps was unforgettable.
Before getting back on the train, we stopped for a nice Italian dinner in Fussen. I ordered a margarita pizza and the girls got pasta. The day was relaxing and fun with the best fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment